I can’t tell you how happy I am receiving my foreign currency in my dormicilary account here in Nigeria. I am no fan going to bereau de change to exchange my currency to Naira and but I get to meet some who come to me for when ever I call that I have some few amount of money to exchange.
So in these post am going to tell you the steps you will take to open a dorm account.
The domiciliary account is much easy these days with a more reformed process.
I can tell you I am using a gtbank (Guarantee trust bank) dormicilary account.
What is a dorm account used for?
Dormicilary Account is used mainly to save foreign currencies like Dollars, pounds, and euros from any foreign transactions you do. You can still also use it to businesses of exchanges currencies.
Why do u need a dorm account?
As a blogger, or a foreign investor, you need a dorm account to hold up all foreign currencies.
Follow the steps below to create a new dorm account;
1) Visit a nearest gtbank office or any bank you want to use.
2) You will be given a form to fill for the dorm accounr (Note: You can open up to three currency account which are Dollars, pounds, and Euro).
3) Fill out the form given to you and submit with Utilities bills like PHCN bills, Water Bills, and so on.
4) Submit form of identification like National ID card, Voters card or International passport.
Functions of Utilities bill for a Dorm Account.
The main function of the utility bill is to get the following information about you.
- To get your address,
- To know your name.
Please note ones the account is open, a current account will be opened with it which will serve as a means to activated the dorm account.
How do I get an ATM card 💳 for a Dormicilary Account?
To get a dorm atm card follow the steps below;
- Visit the atm collection stand and tell them you need a dorm ATM card.
- They will give you a form to fill for the account,
- It takes 5 working days to get the atm card.
- The card comes with charges from your naira account.
- All the charges will be explained to you by the officer in charge.
I hope these post was helpful. Please share with friends.